Saturday, September 29, 2007

Let's Recap the Week!

Kleven's age has been wreaking havoc this week- you know the two year old way- he is having a hard time taking naps and when I finally get him to sleep after much struggling, screaming, kicking and threats and after singing Old MacDonald a million times, it's about four and then he's up for hours at night after his normal bedtime. We've also discovered that's he's pretty independent. If he can use a chair to accomplish something, that's what he does. I find the table sitting lonely in the kitchen and the chirs are strewn all around, leaving clear evidence of the mischief he has been into. One will be wedged in the doorway to the pantry(the fruit snacks are up high), one against the counter near the candy jar(the contents of which are reserved for rewards with potty training), and another one at the sink- although I know he can't reach the faucet yet so I haven't figured that one out.


His new favorite phrases are: "Momma, we have dat ours house!" "I want mine own one!" and "I drive??". He's becoming such a sweet big brother- between tantrums and time-outs. Every morning he will say to Ezra, "Hi Boo-boo-butt! You waked up!" and then smother him with wet kisses and put him in a headlock. He was excited the other night when we were retrieving all the baby items from the garage. He probably thought it was Christmas as we were dusting off of the Exersaucer and the highchair. I didn't realize he would be so upset when he found out they were no longer meant for him, but it hasn't stopped him from sneaking into them from time to time.

That same night while Chris and I were cleaning in the garage Kleven was playing out on the driveway watching people walk by and yelling to them, "Hi! What's My name?" Which would make them stop and ask him "What's your name?" to which he would reply "I dunno!" The poor kid can't even say his own name!

We said goodbye to our Tilly-dog this morning when her new dad came to take her home. He's a good family friend and business partner of Chris' and Tilly really needs the attention. She's been a good dog and I'm sure I'll miss her, but I won't miss the shedding and twice a day vaccuming and having her under foot 24/7. Our Tank-dog will probably miss her too, but then he'll realize he has us all to himself once again and be really happy- maybe he'll even lose some weight.

2 comments:

ashley said...

So much to catch up on... Love the smuggling picture! I think I say "Get off of her", "Leave her alone" and "stop getting in her face" about 300 times a day!! Maybe we should let them play together so they will leave our babies alone! Come over soon!

Ami Bethea said...

LOL I loved reading this, how funny! You crack me up! I remember all of those things with Stratton my oldest but with Cade I didn't have quite so many ups and downs. Kids are so creative! That's so funny about the chairs. Beware about the sink - Cade likes to shove his toys down the kitchen sink drain so when I turn it on I demolish motorcycle guys, mini skateboards, and cars. BOYS!