Saturday, September 15, 2007

I HATE CAR SHOPPING!!!

After nine months of deliberation and cross-valley trekking we have found ourselves (sadly) back at square one. My beloved black beast is headed back for Kachina Cadillac and we have yet to find a replacement mode of transportation. We have researched almost every vehicle known to man-well at least all the five and seven+ passenger vehicles. (we won't fit in a Smart Car anymore) My favorite was the GMC Acadia- until I finally test drove it and the Toyota Sienna as a last resort favorite-for obvious reasons. I'm not excited about giving up my H3- I would seriously recommend it to anyone! It has been BY FAR the easiest SUV to drive and I have never felt safer. We're just ready for something new and different. I want to know what cars you all like and what about it. Maybe someone you know drives something you like- what is it?!?! I am not the nicest person when I'm in close proximity to a dealership, so I figured this would save my husband some embarrassment and my children the risk of a bad example. Thanks so much for your help! :)

7 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Wow, I've got a lot to catch up on! 1) those ceiling tiles are totally cool, you've always had such great taste! 2) I love that entry talking about the life of a SAHM. 3) you moved to Queen Creek? 4) Good luck with the car search--I love my Honda Pilot. It seats 8 when the 3rd row is up, but it's not too big so it's easy to drive (but if you drive an H3, then size obviously isn't an issue for you :). The only thing is that the 3rd row isn't very roomy, but I only use it when I do carpool. Good luck! That's all.

Ami Bethea said...

LOL I hate car shopping too! Sean & I have bought more cars since we've been married than we can count. Hands down the best car we have had is our Chevy Tahoe. I had a '99 from 2002-2005 which we loved but it was a gasaholic so we downsized. Last year we ended up buying a 2007 Tahoe (Sean has since traded it in for a monster Duramax truck, long story) but it was the best car EVER. Tons of safety features, most comfortable (especially for bad backs like mine), nice looking, tons of room, and lasts forever. So TAHOE, that's my vote!

ashley said...

we like our Hoe! lol... and the 2007's or newer have it so you get 19-25 mpg. Not a "gasaholic" anymore!

jon♥kara said...

Sorry i don't have much car input but i just wanted to say hi. That is the best pic of your boys. You two look like your keeping busy. We'll have to get together soon. Mayber Jon and I can throw a bbq with the cuzs soon since the weather is cooling down.

Jill said...

our explorer is ok, if you are planning on having more than 3 kids though (we arent YAAA) you'll need something bigger but it fits hunter and payton fine for now!

Brooklyn said...

H3 huh! I bet you look so cute in that! A cute girl on an H3 is every guys dream! I have a linclon navigator and I love it. It has the sensors on the back so I know if someone runs behind my car. It is great for me since I am a HORRIBLE driver! I didn not know you knew Jamie Young! I love her!!!

AZ Finters said...

Well, I am in your same boat. Even though my Acura MDX is only a year and a half old, we already want a bigger car. I have 7 passenger seating, but good luck putting a stroller or lots of groceries in the back when the last row of seats is up. My best finds so far are the new Lincoln Navigator and the Toyota Sequoia. You will never see me in a mini van. Just cant do it. Go check out both of my suggestions. I do think that the new sequoia will have a removable center seat in the middle row someday if you can wait. That makes it great for walking thru. The Navigator is great all except that non of the middle seats are removable. So, you gotta climb back. Lots of great features though. Good luck. P.S. The Sequoia drives like a smaller SUV, Tahoe is just bulkey.