Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Redeeming Myself

We have been keeping busy as you can tell by my lack of posts. I feel guilty when I spend time reading everyone else's and not updating ours, so if you have the time to get caught up in the activities that have kept us occupied this past week, keep reading...

Is it normal to forget about an event that took place two days earlier until I see a photo... I feel like I'm losing my mind.

So about that last spider incident- I took a picture of the dang thing before I threw it in the garbage. I was paranoid about the babies hatching and crawling out the valve in the sippy cup. After thinking about it for a while I realized it was all a blessing in disguise. Had I not found the spider ON Kleven's bed when I did, I very well could have put him to bed with it later that evening... or worse yet, it could have left the eggs in his room and we would have had a serious problem. So just know that I wasn't trying to glorify our arachnid problems... but trying to point out how "lucky" we were. Anyhow- here's our friend: (the white circle above the spider is the egg sack neatly concealed in a tight web)


With Chris in school and working so much, I find myself hanging around my parents house a lot during the week. I figure if I'm not going to get anything done around my own house I might as well find things to do elsewhere. My dad gets home from work around the same time my two youngest brothers get home from school and that is Kleven's favorite time of the day. Dad has an amazing garden in the backyard and he lets the boys help him "work" in it. Kleven was in Heaven when they got to pick the carrots and wash the dirt off to eat them. Now he can't wait for the broccoli to be ready!



Ezra is just as cute as can be these days. He is in to everything and he's fast! He can make it from anywhere in the house to the tub in a matter of seconds when he hears the water turn on. He loves taking baths and splashes the WHOLE time. He rarely sits to play anymore, he would much rather stand, and he is phasing out baby food all together. Gone are the days of feeding ease... he screams until he gets a bite of whatever it is the rest of us are eating and he can smell mint choc.chip ice cream from a mile away. Now, if only I could get him to take a bottle... He likes to give "knucks" and scream at the top of his lungs for no particular reason. His personality has really bloomed in the past week or so. He is starting to seem like he's almost one! His looks are changing too! It's amazing how much he looks like Kleven did at that age-except Klev had NO hair.



We had our good friends Jeff and Jenny Johnson over for dinner on Saturday night. Jeff also served his mission in Russia and he and Chris met years ago at ASU in language classes. The menu was Russian so Kleven and I dressed the part by raiding Chris' mission souveniers. The hat Kleven is wearing is fur with ear flaps that tie under the chin. We had Borscht, pelmeni, piroshki, and black bread that smelled like coffee grounds. Yumm... We finished the night with Guitar Hero and Strawberry Cheesecake Klondike Bars (SO GOOD! try them!)

We also spent some time visiting Uncle Tyler at school where he flies helicopters. The boys LOVE going to airport to see him and to watch everything coming and going. Here's Kari and I with our little men checking out the helicopters.
Well, now that I'm all caught up for last week the current week is almost over and we have nothing to show for it. Tonight I've got a baby shower to go to so I'll be busy making little tiny bracelets and ignoring the laundry. HOWEVER! Friday we are having a visitor from Australia at my moms house for dinner. He is from Bryan's mission and is coming to the states for a wedding and wanted to meet our family! So~stay tuned for some fun stuff next time!

6 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

The Russian Hat Picture is my favorite by far. It was SO fun to get together with you guys, I'm not so keen on the food though!! Can't wait until we can get together next!!

Anonymous said...

I love your updates, it's so fun to see you and your family!

Jody Weiss said...

I love reading your blog! You have some funny stories and I like the way you write them, not to mention your boys are absolutely adorable!

The Scotts said...

I love the hats! Your boys are seriously so cute! I am seriously grossing out about the spider and would hate to find it on my kids bed. YEA about the Twilight books. I am obsessed with them and am reading them over and over. I did just read a different book and was proud of myself. It wasn't as good but I decided I should attempt reading other things.

The Merrell Family said...

So fun to see what you guys are up to. That garden looks amazing!

Jenny Johnson said...

I just read all of the funny lines from your little one, and I could so hear him saying them in my head! I want to steal him for a day! He's so stinking cute!