Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spider Epidemic

I was folding a load of the boys' clothes on Kleven's bed this week and was searching for a missing sock among the sheets when I noticed I was being watched by an eight-legged freak! I know you're all probably thinking we live in some sort of spider-infestation, and I'm beginning to agree. It was a creepy little thing with a tiny head and huge backside-looks like an egg sack at first glance. I screamed, of course, told Kleven not to move from where he was on the floor, and ran to the kitchen for a weapon. I found a sippy cup (a disposable one) and lid near the sink and that is what I caught it with. It is now on top of the fridge... I saved it for Chris to see... and it is forming some kind of web on the inside of the cup. Gross! I Know! But its so interesting to watch! I have yet to find out what kind of spider it is, so it will not be squashed until I find out or until the cup starts crawling with babies, whichever comes first. Maybe we'll think of a name for it in the meantime!

7 comments:

AZ Finters said...

maybe its time for an exterminator.

The Ayers Family said...

We use one!

salena said...

Geez..I dont even wanna know what kinda spiders are in my house. Luckily I havent seen one since the summer..but i'm sure they"re there!

AZ Finters said...

we have that pest tube defense stuff in our house and never get bugs. guess we are lucky!

The Ayers Family said...

We have the pest tubes as well, but we also live in a very rural area. I guess that's what we get with a farm next door!

AZ Finters said...

I remember crazy amounts of crickets in QC. We'd watch TV at night and watch the crickets hop by. It was nasty. Poison didnt seem to get rid of them. We also had so many black widows. They only died if you sprayed them directly.

Anonymous said...

I really hate spiders, you are much braver that me!! Good luck!