Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy February!

Here's a decorating tip I should have shared weeks ago... when you're taking down your Christmas decorations, sort your ornaments by color. I keep my red and green stuff out to use for the next couple holidays. If you horde apothecary jars like I do- you'll never need anything else........ Here's what my dining room table will look like for the month!




Try to imagine crown molding, white linen drapes on the window, and the wall full of framed b&w photos!

The chandelier is same as always.

The dress form is a favorite from my collection, adorned with ribbon, and sparkly hearts attached with super cute magnets.

The pink ceiling tile is my own design as well as the red chalkboard.

The letters that spell out LOVE I made a couple years ago, they're just propped up on the chalkboard with my super cute magnets for support.

The card on the chalkboard is my own design (using SU).

The apothecary jars are filled with red Christmas ball ornaments, more sparkly hearts and my everyday red pears.

The table is covered with a normal white tablecloth and a scrap piece of red silk fabric.

This whole look cost me less than $5 and took about ten minutes to throw together. I bought the sparkly hearts last week from JoAnn's (on sale 40% off) and one box of red shatterproof ornaments from WalMart during the post-Christmas clearance sale.

I sure hope that sparked some ideas!

Now tell me, how do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Such a cute idea... I too am in LOVE with apothecary jars! I also love your header picture! SO CITE!

Anonymous said...

SO cute!!!

Kim said...

too cute! I'm glad I finally got you some of your jars back so you could decorate!

Anonymous said...

A great design...and I can definitely picture some crown molding and white drapes over the windows.

I think decorating for the holidays is always a great festive way to change the overall feel of your home every now and again.

Great job.

Jody said...

Thanks for the ideas!!! I was going to wake up early and decorate my table on Valentines Day morning as a surprise...but now I think I will do it MUCH SOONER!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT...but I LOVE everything you do!

Jenette said...

Thanks for the ideas Kayci! Everything looks beautiful!!!

Jill said...

quit being so talented, you make the rest of us look bad! :)

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

You mean people decorate for Valentine's day? :)
Maybe I'll do a banner or something out of scrap fabric. Now i feel pressure!!! ha ha

The Scotts said...

Such a cute table! Abby asked me to put out our Valentine's Decor and I don't think I have any!! I am an awful Mom!!

The Ayers Family said...

Jill- put some vinyl on it!
Shanon- you have a RED couch! Go find a pink blanket in abby's room to use as a throw!
Find stuff around the house in red white and pink, group it together and you're set!

Crazymamaof6 said...

LOVE IT! way cute. and i'm seriously coveting your dress form. SO FREAKING CUTE!

lani said...

So freakin cute!!! I just love all the dark red!!!