Wednesday, February 25, 2009

~Bathroom Makeover~





One of the things I miss most about our last home was the half-bath near the kitchen. This house now only has two bathrooms. The hallway bathroom serves as the boys' bathroom, Chris' office bathroom and a guest bathroom. I didn't want it to look too childish or too grown up so it has been somewhat neglected until now. Months ago I used some green paint I found in my stash and painted it in an effort to get it looking somewhat presentable. Neither Chris or myself liked the color and Kleven told me he hated it. The state of that bathroom has been torturing me ever since!!! Somehow, I found the time to pay it the attention it deserved while Chris was out of town. (For some reason I feel the need to start major projects like this when I know he won't be around to talk me out of them) :)

The boys were in the tub one morning and the paint closet is right near there, so I dug around and found a couple of colors, mixed them together and started cutting in around the edges of the room. By the time the boys' toes had turned to raisins, I had my least favorite part out of the way! That night, I rolled the rest of the paint on and had it finished in 30 minutes!
If I can find before pics, I might also find the guts to post them...

This entire project has cost me a grand total of: $4

However, I need to purchase a few small things, like:
A clock, a large candle and some hand towels. Eventually, it will also get crown molding!

My goal is to keep it under $30.

I love doing this!!!
Now it's YOUR TURN! Is there a space in your home that makes you cringe every time you walk past it? FIX IT!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

You wanna come do my bathroom?

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler and Kendyl said...

I honestly cannot believe you cut in!! I am SO proud of you!! It looks awesome. What's Kleven's verdict??

jenn said...

Yes I totally have areas of my house that make me cringe - but I need help! I don't have the eye that you do :) Anytime you want to share your talents (I'll do the dirty work, just need some ideas) feel free to come to my house!!

Jenette said...

I want to fix the office! It has Transformers posters up! LOL! It needs to be organized but it also needs something else! I hate when people come over and they see it!

Jill said...

How about YOU come FIX my icky space, or the whole house...

foreveryoung said...

Nice job! You always have such a good eye for decorating. I can't believe how cheap you did it, you should be on "Design on a Dime" :)

Katie said...

We have not done any decorating since we moved in. Seriously you have such cute ideas. I need you to be my shopping assistant. And then you can come tell me where to put everything!!

Unknown said...

My whole house needs help. It's a big fixer upper. If you ever feel like doing a project my house is full of them

Dave said...

I am trying to get in touch with Chad and Brooke Eardley. I was their home teacher when they lived in Georgia. I noticed that their blog link is on your blog but is private. If you could pass on my email to them I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
davidedwards82@gmail.com