Friday, December 21, 2007

Another Busy Week

I had really high hopes for this week, being Chris' first break from school in MONTHS. I had a whole list of things to do around the house. Mostly things that have been put off for nearly a year- since we moved to the new house, like:

  • caulking and painting the baseboards

  • fixing the popping spots in the wood floor (we have had the kit for months!)

  • a serious clean out of the garage

  • move rock in the backyard

  • trenching for the sprinkler system

  • hang the window hardware so I can get cutains up

  • paint our bedroom and bathroom

  • re-paint over Kleven's masterpieces in various places around the house

Tuesday we headed out to the garage... Chris did more standing around than clearing out. I wasn't terribly upset at his lack of help since I had Bunco later and didn't want to break a sweat, but he kept standing on the driveway saying things like "Man, it feels so good not to be driving to school right now" or "It's so nice not to have to be anywhere" He sure has found some interesting ways to fill his time. I have caught him outside with Kleven on numerous occasions shooting at birds. He can't stand the fact that they're eating Tank's dog food on the porch so he is shooting at them with a BB-gun. Nothing says REDNECK more than sitting on the back porch with a gun and a bottle of rootbeer. The worst part is that we have view-fencing so everyone that walks by probably thinks he's off his rocker.

Do you feel bad for me yet? If anyone needs something to do in the next couple weeks, come on over!



6 comments:

AZ Finters said...

Luckily the battery on the horse already died. I thought I was gonna go nuts with all that galloping. Its cute though.

Amy John said...

Thats funny. My list never gets done either. BTW, I love the christmas picture!

Jenny Johnson said...

Hey Guys....I didn't know you had a blog!! Because we have one too..This is Jenny & jeff Johnson.

P.s. Your boys are 2 of the cutest I have ever met!!

Jenny Johnson said...

Thanks for the nice post on my blog. You gave me a little self esteem booster! We need to get together more often. Jeff and I would love to go to dinner again!!

salena said...

I LOVE your new family picture! So cute!

The Merrell Family said...

hey! sorry we didn't make it to the new years eve party. we are totally bummed! By the way, I love how you've changed your blog!