Chris and I were walking into Walmart last Monday afternoon in search of a particular power cord to make the high def work with the projector. Since we had a cord in hand to compare, we had to get a smiley sticker on it to be able to bring it into the store. The nice door greeter lady turned to grab her roll of stickers just as a customer in one of the store's power chairs came speeding towards the exit. The nice greeter lady asked her for her reciept for the Christmas Tree-in-a-box she had in the cart's front basket, as she placed our smiley face sticker on the cord. The speeding customer didn't even bat an eye as she waved her hand over her head and announced that her husband had it and he was just a ways behind her. The nice greeter lady tried to approach the speeding customer as she slammed into the candy machines near the door and then zoomed out into the parking lot. In the five seconds it took for all this to occurr, we were joined by three more store employees all with their walkie-talkies drawn and ready to chase her down. Chris and I stood there in disbelief for a few moments, made a couple comments about the whole scene and then went on our merry way. To think that someone would steal a $30 tree makes me wonder where they are planning on finding the gifts to go under it.
I ended up going to the Dr. that same evening for the x-ray I mentioned in my previous post, which resulted in the unneccessary splint. I also came home with McDonald's for dinner and had to make numerous trips back out to the car to unload everything. I normally park in the garage, but because I had been sorting through boxes of Christmas stuff, the garage was in disarray so I left the van in the driveway. Around 11:30pm I was in bed and remembered that I probably hadn't locked the car on my last trip in... The next morning we had an appointment to be to so we loaded the kids in the car and backed out of the driveway. The moment we got out into the street, Kleven yelled from the back seat,"MOM, where's my T-Ghee!" Chris and I looked at each other and then back at the ceiling where our DVD system HAD been and all that was left were cut wires hanging out of a very large hole. After futhur investigation we realized the thief had also rummaged around through the compartments looking for the remote and had found it as well. Nothing else was disturbed- not even the two huge bags of candy on the floor underneath the very spot that was now vacant. I was SO MAD! There was nothing we could do, so we decided to call the police once we were back at home that afternoon. When we got home I was still fuming mad and had to find a way to vent my frustration so I got out a big black marker and a piece of posterboard and made a sign to put on the back of the van in the driveway. It read: To the Jerk who stole the DVD system out of our car~ Merry Christmas you LOSER! I left it there the rest of the day and late into the evening and it sure got a lot of attention. My neighbor commented that I had probably writtten it in the wrong language. Oh well. We got online that night and bought a home surveilance system with motion detection cameras and everything. I just hope we get it set up in time to get the next IDIOT who decides to stroll down my street.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Shoplifting and Theft
Posted by The Ayers Family at 5:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That really sucks. I am glad to park in our garage.
Sheesh I'm glad we drive crap that has nothing worth stealing anyways. So sorry for your trouble but the lady speeding out of walmart made me laugh, the mental picture was just too funny. Hope you have a better week!
OH MY GOSH! Kayci, you always have something happening to you, I'm so sorry. We have had things stolen out of our car too, and even had someone throw silver nail polish all over the back of my tahoe while I was inside Target. I just told Sean your story & he said "We are NEVER leaving our cars outside again!" I'm sorry for your car, but ya that lady in walmart is hilarious!
Dang, that really sucks, I am so sorry!! I guess I should stop leaving our cars outside from now on. Off to Home Depot to buy a garage door opener...
email is merrellapril@yahoo.com. I love reading all your crazy stories. Sorry to hear about your theft experience. I really don't have tolerance for people who steal stuff!
That's absolutly ridiculous that you would see at shoplifter at Walmart and then have someone steal from you all in the same day! I always think that how would the one time you leave your car unlocked that something gets stolen. Crazy! Good thing they didn't try to get into the house.
Post a Comment