Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I know you all are just DYING to see what I got in Vegas... here it is... If you can't tell by the picture I am still quite attached to my Hummer. We got the Toyota Sienna... after 10 months of research and desperate searching. I am relieved to be done with all that nonsense, however I must add that I am having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I will be, from this day forward, a member of the Soccer Mom Society. Chris on the other hand absolutely loves the van and wears the cutest little smirk every time he drives it and informed me today that Football Moms drive vans too. Kleven has even chimed in on a few occasions and said "I like my mini van, mom!" and "Can we watch Shark Tale in the van?" A cousin of mine who also recently converted from SUV to MV said it perfectly when she explained the whole experience. "When you're walking towards your car you're thinking Oh man -that's my ride now :( -but when you get in it and are reminded of how incredibly functional it is and how much your family enjoys it and then everything about it is okay." I too have felt these past few days that I will learn to love it- its not about what other people might think and its definitely not selfish- its just what's right for us right now- and that is a good feeling!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the pic! :)

ashley said...

oh my goodness! I can't stop laughing-- you must put that picture up in your home! maybe on the way to the garage or something... Hilarious! love it.

I know I would be the exact same way-- I know I would love all the functionality-- more garage room becuase of the sliding doors, more storage space inside, better gas mileage, ... and I can sooo see you as a soccer/ football mom!

The Greer Family said...

Kayci you are so funny. I'll be there in a minivan too someday! I thought that was funny about football moms driving vans too : )

Stephanie

Amy John said...

That is so funny because we just did the same thing. Well, we went somewhere still unknown(can't say because it is still a surpirise on my blog) adn bought a car. Not for me though, for Travis. But I keep telling him that I need a van because there isn't anything SUV-y that I am in love with, and vans get good gas mileage. Good job. You made the right choice!

Christina said...

Hurray for us mini-van driving mommies! I never thought I'd be driving one either.

Ami Bethea said...

I think I would love the functionality of it too, especially having so much room. I love the picture you are so funny!

Brittney said...

K seriously I cant believe you had a hummer but now you have a TOYOTA SIENNA!!!! I am so flipping jealous! I love those and wish so bad we could afford one. My sister just got one too and I absolutely love it. I am so not a mini van person at all I am for sure an SUV person. But this is the only van that actually doesnt look too much like a mini van and its the only one I would ever get. Or a Kia Sedona. those are very nice too. Just know you are very blessed that you can afford a sweet ride like that:)