Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Quick Update, because I'm clearly slacking...

I'm packing and getting the house ready for my mom to take over this week. Chris came home for his every two-weeks- weekend on Thursday night.  We usually pick him up after 10pm, so the kids aren't fully aware that he's home until Friday morning. He managed to stretch his weekend into a WEEK long stay, since it coincided with the boys' first week of Spring Break. Still weird that he lives out of a suitcase when he's here...
On Friday, he went to school with Kleven. Our sweet oldest son is having the hardest time coping with dad being gone. He acts out in rage when he's missing him and is beyond jumpy and excited when he's here. We haven't found a happy medium... yet. Friday also entailed shopping for baseball mitts for Kleven and Ezra. Kleven is doing Intro to Coach Pitch, and Ezra will be playing t-ball.  We signed them up through a neighborhood "for fun" league. It was inexpensive and low key- perfect for first-timers. They're also on the same teams as Slade and Daisy!
They both had their first practice on Saturday. There's something magical about watching a bunch of little kids running bases while wearing mitts bigger than their heads. Next practice, we'll bring more water, more snacks, more chairs, shade, and activities to keep the little kids busy and out of trouble.
Chris was also released from his calling in the Young Men's program and given a Sunday calling for the weeks he's in town. He hasn't been sustained yet, so I'll fill you in later, but it's something he's no stranger to and he'll be great at.  In case you were wondering, I'm on the Relief Society committee and I'm the ward Baptism coordinator, or just REALLY busy for both callings during the same week of the month.
Sunday was stake conference. Then Kendyl shot some new family pics for us!  I can't wait to see them!
Monday we sat around waiting for Chris to finish working. Then took him to grandma's house for a haircut after dinner at Barro's.
Tuesday was our 8th anniversary. The boys and I sat around all day waiting for Chris to finish working, then went to dinner and a movie as a family. Chris is flying me out to San Fran for the weekend as our anniversary get-away without kids! I can't wait!!
Today is Wednesday- I need to get working on laundry and packing and getting the house ready to leave in my mom's care, but I'm sitting here waiting to see if my breakfast will stay down before anything else.
I have an appt on the 31st with my OB to find out how far along I am!!! I can't believe we're going to have FOUR kids! How did that happen so fast?!?!  You'd think I'd know to pay better attention to important details by now... all I know is that I can eat food and keep it down! No ice-only diet this time around!
We fly out tomorrow and I'll be home Monday night. Then Chris will be home again on Thursday. I'm going to TRY to post from San Fran, but that's not a promise.

3 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

Feeling different this go round??? Hmmm. :) Have fun on your trip!

Katie Ann said...

Wow, 8 years! Congrats, that's so awesome. You two always look so happy together. It was so fun to see you guys at the park too. I definately need to bring the boys over when you get back. Maybe I can buy some farm fresh eggs from you. I have been thinking about hem nonstop since seeing you! Have a great trip!

Katie said...

Kayci - I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!! I'm glad I read your blog and caught up on your life. So much has happened that I didn't know about!