Here's another boring re-cap of the past week of our lives:
Wednesday night I was honored to take part in a fabulous craft group. Late night get-together, lots of yummy food, fun friends, great projects, Gorgeous Home... The whole experience made me realize two things: How important it is to have time for myself, away from my children, so I can recharge and enjoy quality time with my friends; and that I am SO GONNA REDECORATE my house. I walked into this friend's sister's home and my jaw dropped! I felt like I was walking through what I have always imagined my own home to look like! Thanks Ali!
Thursday night I taught a jewelry class here at my house. I had about 20 people from church come over and make bracelets and earrings. It was crazy busy! I know someone was taking pictures- I'll post them when I track them down. I had been stressed out for a couple weeks prior to this class because I had to submit an order for the supplies that was well over $500 and only half of the participants paid beforehand. I was seriously sweating, hoping everyone would show up! It was awesome though and I think everyone had a really good time.
Friday night, Chris' parents had invited us out to dinner in celebration of his graduation. We were told to meet them at their house at 7. Much to our surprise, they had set out a candlelit dinner for two out by the pool and served us our five course meal dressed as servers. It was such a memorable night! Thanks Don and Barbara!
Saturday morning, bright and early, I loaded the boys in the car and off we went on our merry way to Chris' graduation ceremony. Once I arrived and started to unload the car, I realized I had forgotten Ezra's clothes (he was in breakfast covered jammies), my mascara, and the snacks to keep the boys quiet. It was a nice, relaxed ceremony... for most... I spent maybe twenty minutes in my seat. The rest of the time was spent in the bathroom changing diapers, taking Kleven potty, pacing the halls, getting drinks of water... you get the idea. After bribing the boys with a $3 pack of Starbursts, we sat down just in time for Chris' name to be read, only to have Kleven yell at me really loud that he had "poops coming out!!!" I told him he had to hold it, I was not missing the photo opp! Chris crossed the stage, we darted out to the bathroom once again and then headed outside to meet him for photos. Which I'm sure turned out fabulously with my sweaty, no make-up, half asleep look, smeared in Starburst drool. Then it was out to lunch, and Chris took off for Prescott to rehearse the coming weekend's performance. 

Monday, May 12, 2008
Craft Group, Jewelry, Dinner and a Graduation
Posted by The Ayers Family at 9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Congratulations on graduation. That's awesome, man.
-Scotty P
Congratulations on the graduation Chris! That's super exciting! Kayci, I wish I could have gone to your class, I bet it was awesome!
Congratulations on your surviving his time in school and graduation. I think the honor is as much a compliment to you as him that he graduated. And why does it always seem to be an important day that has to go that way? My mom always called it the cinderella syndrome.
Congrats Chris! Now what???
WOW that is quite the recap! The graduation ceremony sounded like so much fun for you. Good thing he won't be graduating again anytime soon ;) Hey we are running Wed night at 9:00 pm and Ashley is even coming. Come run with us! It'll only be 30 minutes. Come! Meet us in front of my house.
Oh ya, and congrats to your husband (and you) on graduating!! That's awesome.
You are super mom! Holy cow! Tell congrats to Chris, we are so excited for him!! Sorry about your crazy experience at graduation though....
Congrats Chris! All your hard work has paid off! Kayci, you are too funny!
Fun, busy and exciting times, congrats on the graduation! We're doing a craft club too, you'll have to pass on some of your good ideas!
I am so glad we finally got together! It was so fun to see you guys!! We need to do it again soon. I LOVE your kids too! So much fun!
And thanks for the SUPER cute earrings! I have already gotten a TON of compliments on them! I love them! You definitely need to teach me your craft!
wow, how can I get in that amazing craft group.....lol........rumor is I'll be seeing you Saturday??? Thanks....can't wait...
ummm...your recaps are never boring!
Post a Comment