I am a list maker... and I'm starting to think it has become somewhat of a disease. I caught myself making a list of all the things I use on a regular basis and LOVE, while I was supposed to be making a grocery list. It's fairly random and kind of insightful, and I thought maybe I'd post it and see if any of these things would make YOUR list or perhaps you'll find something new to try at your house.
- Mr. Clean Eraser- Saved me from having to repaint an entire wall in the hallway and the upper half of Kleven's room. Like the email chain letter says: don't let your kids bathe themselves with it.
- Bountiful Baskets: a produce co-op that is SO fun and SO healthy! $50 worth of fruit and veggies for $15. Now that's a DEAL! http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ Not always the same exact contents but it makes planning meals so much easier, plus they email recipes to try using the items you picked up.
- Hatch Patch Creations: Family Night Lessons that ROCK! I've been collecting them for a couple years now and will continue to do so for years to come! http://www.hatchpatchcreations.com/
- Bed Risers- a set of four for under $10. You put the hard plastic "stilts" under each corner of your bed frame and gain an extra 6 inches of vertical storage space. Great for kids rooms if your kids don't fall out of bed. You can hide out-of -season clothing or in my case, all my gift wrapping supplies. Kleven uses this space as a fort.
- Shoe Organizers- I'm talking about the clear pocket style that hangs from the back of a door. Use one on the inside of your pantry door to store all the little things that would normally get lost in the chaos on the shelves. Other uses: bathroom- for products in bottles and to store extras of toothpaste, soap, feminine products... you get the idea.
- Organic Eggs- I've become an egg snob! There's something so refreshing about scrambled eggs that come from chickens who are fed organically and free range and lay the way nature intended.
- Simply Orange OJ w/calcium- a bit pricey, but so worth the nutrients. I have been drinking it DAILY since October and swear by its ability to prevent illness. This is the first season in YEARS that I have not had a three month long sinus infection. Everyone else has gotten sick except ME!
- The First Year's brand Take and Toss line of kid's sippy cups and utensils. NO stupid valve to clean, just put the lid on and go. When the lid gets chewed up by your toddler, just toss it in the recycling box. You can even order replacement lids online: www.shop.learningcurve.com
- Dawn liquid dish soap with Bleach Alternative. Gets the red sauce stain off the white highchair tray effortlessly and SMELLS SO GOOD... like clean dishes should smell, not like flowers.
- RE-Usable grocery bags. I found some really cool ones at Wal Mart for $1. They're made from recycled 2-liters, can be recycled themselves, replace 50 shopping bags, and carry the same weight as 2-3 plastic shopping bags.
- Equate brand or Target's generic brand of diaper rash cream. Forget the pricier stuff, this stuff is WAY easier to apply and works better. It doesn't come out of the tube like a thick paste, but more like the name says and you don't have to spread it around and get it on your hands.
Now, tell me what your list consists of!

4 comments:
I refuse to get a mini van so there! And WHY didn't you blog about the co-op thing AGES ago! I will totally be doing that instead of from the grocer!!!
I love it! Thanks for sharing your list, I love hearing those kinds of things!!!
I love the reusable grocery bag idea! My brain is fried and I'm stressed to the max tonight so I don't have anything to offer, sorry! I'll get back to you on my favorite things. i loved your list though!
I can honestly say I have never tried anything on your list...I like the plastic show organizer idea for the pantry/bathroom though!! Great tip!
Post a Comment