Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ketchup! (ha-ha)

I have a whole lot to write about and very little time in which to document our weekend's experiences so I'm forced to use bullet points. I promise I will come back later and add detail if you want the full effect!





  • I dropped Chris off at the airport Friday morning so he could go to D.C


  • Plane was delayed- got free ticket to use later


  • Boys and I fend for ourselves


  • Neighbors, Brad and Jessica leave for Hawaii


  • We get to babysit their saltwater tank


  • Had to take dinner to a friend Friday night


  • Made huge mess in kitchen


  • Fed the fish


  • Saturday- our anniversary


  • Fed the fish


  • Went shopping with the boys


  • Ezra pokes grandpa in the eye- quick trip to Urgent Care


  • Came home and fed the fish


  • Sunday morning Kleven fakes sick -misses daddy too much


  • Fed the fish


  • The nursery at church was CRAZY insane


  • Dad/G-pa's Birthday dinner @ 4- showed up late & Kleven slept through dinner


  • Took a walk to the wash to look for rabbits


  • Came home and fed the fish


  • Monday morning-go to feed fish, kick a paint can out of the yard


  • Made green scrambled eggs for St. P-day


  • Kendyl comes over- wants to know what happened to the van


  • Someone dumped a gallon of beige paint down the back of the van


  • Got angry- Called police


  • Spent two and a half hours cleaning van with pressure washer


  • Actually we watched Uncle Tyler use the pressure washer


  • Kleven played with his big animals while we cleaned the car


  • Went to lunch


  • Came home, animals were gone from yard


  • Got angry again


    • Boys and I wear Green in honor of St. Patty's Day!


    • Pick up Kendyl and go to Target - retail therapy-spent $1


    • Ready to pick up Chris at 9:30, flight got delayed until after 10


    • Finally pick him up and go home to feed the fish


    • Get up Tuesday and go feed the fish


    • Tried to get some projects finished in the garage


    • Made a trip into "town" for some jewelry components


    • Found 2 new dresses for church as well


    • Stopped at g-ma and g-pa's and went for a walk to the wash to look for rabbits


    • Came home and fed the fish


    • Neighbors come home from Hawaii at 2 in the morning and see suspicious persons in front of our house (I was told there were four people. Two on bikes and a male and female walking. All dressed in black. Two of them were wearing black hooded sweatshirts so you couldn't see their faces. Brad and Jessica turned onto our street right as one of the bikers was on our driveway)


    • Don't have to go feed the fish


    • Paint out in the garage all afternoon


    • Kleven pees his pants FOUR times


    • He will not take a nap


    • He goes to Kari's to play with Slade


    • On the way to Kari's I spot familiar objects in another neighbors garage


    • Neighbor kids' friend (14 years old?!?) confesses to stealing Kleven's animals


    • Animals are RESCUED


    • Garage projects get moved into the living room so the van can go in for the night

    • Chris and Brad want to sleep out on the driveway with their guns

    • Not gonna happen!

    15 comments:

    Katie said...

    Dang Kayci! I want to hear his in detail. I can't believe that about the paint on the van...

    Jenny Johnson said...

    Brad couldn't hurt a fly...Chris on the other hand, I would be afraid of....It sounds like most of what you did was feed fish and try to find out who was kicking the trash out of your house. That really sucks, sorry!! But at least Kleven got his animals back, I bet it was like WWIII without them!

    Jenny Johnson said...

    P.S. Did you ever find out anything about your van?

    Jill said...

    Holy cow you poor busy busy woman! Sorry about your van I would sit out with a gun too! Well a paintball one maybe! Call if you need anything!!!

    Alisa said...

    Man Kayci! I can't believe things keep happening to you guys! Way to get Kleven's animals back, though. People these days....

    You are a wonder woman!

    Ami Bethea said...

    Sorry you've had such a bad crazy weekend!! With all that you hardly even looked frazzled in the two times I ran into you on Monday. Glad you have a chance to relax now, hopefully this weekend will go much smoother.

    What did the suspicious person look like?? Was he just standing in your yard? Creeeeepy.

    ashley said...

    all i saw was new outfits for church, and shopping, and jewelry! ;)... well... at least you had SOME little good in there... some one is definitely out to get ya! Hopefully you catch him/them soon! and chris is no longer allowed to leave the state...

    Brittney said...

    Holy cow!! You have been busy. It sounds kinda scary over there. Whats going on? I want more details:) I hope everything is ok!!!

    The Greer Family said...

    Remind me not to get a fish....ever!

    Steph

    Amy John said...

    Um, so what is this that is going on? Everytime I catch up on your blog there are major felonies occuring at your house... what is the DEAL!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Hey....I have a blog now.......come say hi!

    The Merrell Family said...

    Crazy van story! What's up with your house? First, a huge rock thrown at your house now your van.

    Anonymous said...

    Hey, I want to buy another bib from your mom....like the ones from the last boutique...

    codyandkristiboretsky said...

    Wow! Thats a bad weekend! I'm always excited to see the crazy adventures you guys have. This one-not so exciting! Sorry! Well I finally started a blog so come check it out -k- Can I add you to my friends list?

    taylors said...

    You will have to give me your advice for potty training....even though it might not be going as smooth as you want it to!:) I like to learn from others mistakes......I mean learning experiences!