Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


We got to celebrate early this year since Chris had to go out of town for business. He gets to spend the weekend in Washington, D.C. where we went on our honeymoon! We dropped the boys off with my parents on Thursday afternoon and went to get massages. We went to dinner at Benihana's and then did a little shopping. Once we were home for the night it was all about laundry and packing for his trip. He even set up a web-cam so the boys and I could see him while he's gone. Here's the Reader's Digest version of "our story": Chris and I were married FIVE years ago on March 15th 2003. We dated for a year and got engaged halfway through. If you ask Chris, he'll tell you we met online. If you ask me, it was a coincidence that we were RE-introduced online but we had actually been present at the same social events and shared friends years before. :) I knew I was going to marry Chris as soon as I climbed on the back of his motorcycle on our first date. I thought I was going crazy in my head because I kept telling myself "this is the guy I'm going to marry!" He had the nerve to kiss me on that first date too ~ which only reaffirmed my crazy thoughts. He was a motorcycle riding, lead singer in a band, and a full time student. (just the kind of guy you can't wait to take home to meet your dad)
Every day I am reminded of how grateful I am to have him for a husband! Here's my top five reasons I love him:
1. He's my best friend and confidante.
2. Life is never boring with him.
3. We can laugh together until we cry.
4. He's an amazing example in many ways to me, our boys and everyone around him.
5. If he can handle having ME for a wife he MUST be a one-of-a-kind guy!
I love you babe! Have a safe trip!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats! John snuck a kiss in on the first date too. Always a good sign, I thought, though the mom in me does not agree for my kids!

The Greer Family said...

What a fun post! I like the "bad boy" description : ) Happy Anniversary! Thanks for having us over the other day. The conversation and the dip were great!

Steph

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

Congrats! Massages are always nice. I would love to have one once a week!

Ami Bethea said...

Happy Anniversary!! I have had this bowl sitting on my counter for the last week waiting for me to bring it back to it's rightful owner. I didn't know if you were gone for Spring Break. I am bring it over tomorrow no matter what! Just to warn you...

Jenny Johnson said...

That's so sweet!! Happy anniversary!!

Jody Weiss said...

Happy Be-lated Anniversary!! I can't believe you've been married for five years already! Man time is going by too fast! Can't wait to see you all in April!

Ami Bethea said...

So where are the pictures with the paint?! I want to show Sean. Hope everything went well with picking up your hubby!

salena said...

Hey I just made my blog private, so email me so I can add you to it!

salenabena05@msn.com

foreveryoung said...

Happy anniversary! I've been trying to convince Jason for the last 8 years to get a couples massage but he thinks it's too girly. What's up with that?? Every couple I know has gotten them but us. Maybe he'll give in to the peer pressure one of these days. Glad you enjoyed your anniversary!