Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're Separating...

It's fun to see people's expressions when we use that phrase. :)  In about an hour from this very moment, we're walking out the door and dropping Chris off at the airport. We'll see him in a couple weeks, and then a couple times before JUNE.
He got a JOB! Which is GREAT!
But it's not here, so he has to go "There".
We're used to having him travel for work, but MOVING OUT is a whole different story.
I'm gearing up for a couple days of no change on the home front, and expecting some major meltdowns and tantrums to happen for a while after that.
It is what it is.
Kleven's excited to be the "Man of the House", but I'm sure he'll forget about that as soon as I tell him he can't have oreos for dinner or something else ridiculous.
Ezra's already been in a mood of sorts- I'm not looking forward to what he'll scheme up next.
Merrick is a handful. Anyone who attends church in our building on Sunday knows what I'm talking about. That's not going to change.
For some reason, Chris thinks I'm going to party it up when he leaves... I can't imagine why?
I'm going to have to start getting up before the SUN, to wake a sleeping monster, get him showered, dressed, fed and to school by 7:30... waking two more monsters nearly two hours earlier than what they're used to, just to throw them in the car for twenty minutes.
Once home, the remaining monsters will demand food and cartoons. And I'll give them food and cartoons in hopes that it keeps them occupied enough for me to sneak out the back door to feed and water the seven and a half goats and the 20+ chickens. I still don't have a game plan for the delivery of goat #8.. and maybe a #9.  I'm hoping and praying that she delivers without the need of my intervention. Or at least during nap time. :)
I was so spoiled.

7 comments:

The Scotts said...

Congrats and I'm sorry!!!!!

Brooke Romney said...

Wow. Seriously good luck. We've done it alone before and it was tough with out an entire farm to attend to, but I'm sure you'll do it! Amazing what we can do when we have to!

Kim said...

Congrats and that stinks! That pretty much sums it up. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, but knowing you, you'll do better than you ever thought you could!

Brian and Ami said...

Ok - that title seriously gave me a heart attack. I'm sorry you guys are going to be apart! Let me know if you need anything!

Jill said...

Congrats on the job Chris!! And please please please Kayci just call if you need anything! Anything at all no matter what time. If Cameron isn't home I ALWAYS am and can be there in 2 minutes! And if he is home I'll send him over to help with ANYTHING! See you Friday !!

Dawn Davis said...

Good luck Kayci, you can TOTALLY do it!! Just stay busy (like that'll be hard with 3 boys)! ::hugs::

Amy said...

Oh man! Good luck! Call me if you want to do a girls night with kids! haha!